Track 12… The Night Beetle is the first single from Sunday Morning.
OK, I confess… i’m obsessed with the Beatles… and with Sunday Morning I really wanted to create an album that flowed like the B-Side of Abbey Road, where each track seamlessly flows into the next, despite the diversity. This track, is a homage of sorts to the Beatles, with my attempt to channel George Harrison’s guitar solos.
Reviewed in the Age EG, Craig Mathieson writes: “WINTERPARK have spent several years on the periphery of the local indie-electro scene but with the lovingly crafted vintage pop of The Night Beetle (***), Matt Ridgway’s project sounds ready to take the spotlight with the forthcoming Sunday Morning album.
Accomplished film maker and video artist Gavin Youngs, shows off his rather somewhat twisted sense of humour to create an awesome video work entitled “Night Light” that has to be watched in its entirety!
Gavin writes of his work: “The 1:56 mark of The night beetle sparked the real inspiration for the piece. Referencing a television ad from the 80’s the work looks at what lights your sleep.”
FYI… Gavin has previously worked with Winterpark to create the amazing video clip for Cold Feet, off the first Winterpark album One Night Alone.
Watch Gavin’s work “Night Light” here:
Why not check out the Montag Remix of The Night Beetle here:
Here is a full list of the artists involved at the album launch/exhibition at the Dear Patti Smith gallery and which tracks they are responding to from the new album
1. A Movie ending: Jewels Stevens (Visual artist/painting)
2. Fade out: Penny Lane (Photography)
3. Wunderkind: Eugenia Lim (Multimedia artist)
4. Centre of the universe: Jordy Hewitt (Visual artist/drawing)
5. Hiccups: Kate Stokes (Kinaesthetic sculpture/design)
6. Teenage kicks: Jessica Rizzi (Photography)
7. Friday nights forever: Ross Mclennan (Musician/visual artist)
8. Sunday morning: Jess Racklyeft (Illustration)
9. Hey Love: Jarrah Gurrie (Film maker)
10. Five times: Haslett Grounds (Architectural design)
11. Neighbours on ice: Trudy Moore (Sculpture)
12. The night beetle: Gavin Youngs (Film Maker)
13. Timings all wrong: Adele Winteridge (Interior architect/design)
14. Gotta sleep now: Lucy Benson (New media)
join up on the facebook event page to read more about the individual artists!
I’ll also be profiling their work here on this blog after the exhibition with links to each of the musical works.
In celebration of Winterpark’s 3rd album release, fourteen local and international artists have each given their individual creative response to tracks off the album. The works will cover a range of media, photography and painting to new media and installation works.
This exhibition will run over 3 days at the Dear Patti Smith Gallery in Smith St. Collingwood from Thursday July 21-Saturday July 23. At the launch event Winterpark will perform tracks from the new album live.
Each day until the launch i’ll be posting links to each of the artists websites.
I’ll also be posting links to these new album tracks that each of the artists are working with in the coming days!
Please come along to the launch, and join the facebook event page