Here is a full list of the artists involved at the album launch/exhibition at the Dear Patti Smith gallery and which tracks they are responding to from the new album
1. A Movie ending: Jewels Stevens (Visual artist/painting)
2. Fade out: Penny Lane (Photography)
3. Wunderkind: Eugenia Lim (Multimedia artist)
4. Centre of the universe: Jordy Hewitt (Visual artist/drawing)
5. Hiccups: Kate Stokes (Kinaesthetic sculpture/design)
6. Teenage kicks: Jessica Rizzi (Photography)
7. Friday nights forever: Ross Mclennan (Musician/visual artist)
8. Sunday morning: Jess Racklyeft (Illustration)
9. Hey Love: Jarrah Gurrie (Film maker)
10. Five times: Haslett Grounds (Architectural design)
11. Neighbours on ice: Trudy Moore (Sculpture)
12. The night beetle: Gavin Youngs (Film Maker)
13. Timings all wrong: Adele Winteridge (Interior architect/design)
14. Gotta sleep now: Lucy Benson (New media)
join up on the facebook event page to read more about the individual artists!
I’ll also be profiling their work here on this blog after the exhibition with links to each of the musical works.
In celebration of Winterpark’s 3rd album release, fourteen local and international artists have each given their individual creative response to tracks off the album. The works will cover a range of media, photography and painting to new media and installation works.
This exhibition will run over 3 days at the Dear Patti Smith Gallery in Smith St. Collingwood from Thursday July 21-Saturday July 23. At the launch event Winterpark will perform tracks from the new album live.
Each day until the launch i’ll be posting links to each of the artists websites.
I’ll also be posting links to these new album tracks that each of the artists are working with in the coming days!
Please come along to the launch, and join the facebook event page